[clug] "Why switching to Ubuntu is a really dumb idea"

Peter Anderson peter.anderson at internode.on.net
Mon Nov 17 04:32:03 GMT 2008

Over the years I have owned four Mac PCs (is it PC to call a Mac a PC?).
I always paid a very hefty premium for the "pleasure" (some of my Mac's
have been nearly twice the price of an equivalent Windows based PC).
However, every time Apple has changed either the operating system or
hardware base not long after my purchase and made my expensive PC
obsolete. Some say I'm a slow learner, but eventually it sunk in! Now I
would NEVER buy another Macintosh.

Even the evil empire has never done that to its customers -- Vista will
run (badly) on old hardware and Windows 95 will run fine on new hardware
-- why you would do it might be a valid question but they will run.

By the way, a friend recently purchased a new iPod (a 4th generation one
I think) and a docking station; got them home only to find that his
latest generation iPod can't charge its battery when installed in the
docking station - good one Mr Jobbs! Its not just their computers that
they do this stuff to.

Regards,
Peter
--
*Peter Anderson*
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to