[clug] The 1st Internet Tax is here.

Arjen Lentz arjen at lentz.com.au
Sat Nov 15 02:25:11 GMT 2008

Hi Peter

On 12/11/2008, at 5:46 PM, Peter Barker wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Michael Cohen wrote:
>
>> The PCI standard came up as a response to this - and its going to get
>
> Thanks for the background; I hadn't heard a lot of that before.
>
> Some random thoughts:
> - if you *only* use third-party transactions (such as offered by
> MIGS), there shouldn't be any need to "certify".  I wonder if that
> is the case.
> - this doesn't bode well for Open Source CC transaction engines

Freeway (openfreeway.org) which is an Australian-born much-enhanced
OSCommerce fork, is certifying.

> - there's always PayPal (insert standard PayPal flames here, thanks)

I use it.
Works, and has very low fees.

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com.au)
Training and Expertise for MySQL in Australia and New Zealand

OurDelta: free enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org