[clug] The 1st Internet Tax is here.

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Thu Nov 13 23:01:22 GMT 2008

> On 13/11/2008, at 21:30 , Seth Turnbull wrote:

> Provide alternate payment methods such as BPay, Pay at Post, or even
> give users the option of printing out a payment slip and posting you a
> cheque or money order.

I dealt with a computer supplier that required a bank transfer. You
made the order, it gave you a reference number and you then used that
to transfer the money into his account

Anyway I wrote a similar program for the PCUG and it handles about
1000 transactions a year.

BPay turned out to be incredibly expensive for a small organization,
and security concerns squashed the use of Credit cards.

No matter how you do it, the banks want their cut, I look at it as a
private enterprise GST

Owen