[clug] The 1st Internet Tax is here.

Hal Ashburner hal.ashburner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 05:56:21 GMT 2008

Michael Still said:
> Well, Google Checkout is pretty close. Only Google has your credit card
> details, and you don't need to even give the vendor your email address
> (Google will proxy that traffic and stop it if you wish).

Even if I were to decide I trust google inc today, why would anyone trust
them in perpetuity? It's easy to imagine a google in 15 years that is
nothing like today's google, staffed by different people, dealing with
different political systems but with all the data gathered today.
Actual privacy is a good thing.

--
Family love is messy, clinging, and of an annoying and repetitive pattern, like
bad wallpaper.