[clug] The 1st Internet Tax is here.

Seth Turnbull seth.turnbull at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 23:25:45 GMT 2008

I don't think people as a whole see the ramifications of this.

We're talking about millions of computers either being certified or paying a
monthly fee.

This would be every company that has a computer with transaction software on
it. Every ecommerce server, utility companies, phone companies, etc. etc..
You pay or you don't get paid.. It's a very harsh "standard" to "demand".
Only the Bankers can pull this off.. It's sad..

After further reading I found additional more troubling things.

Not only do you have to have the transaction computer certified but you
would be required to have your database server done as well. Providing you
have
your database on a separate server which is part of the white paper standard
( create more revenue in the standard here and good practice as an admin ).

This goes well beyond the 7/11 or Pizza Huts it's very literally every
company that does any type of Credit Card transaction. That's number is
amazingly large.
---
On another note. 3rd party payment gateways were mentioned in a reply. Does
anyone recommend from personal use a 3rd party company/gateway?

Thanks,
~Seth