[clug] Kubuntu 8.10 first impressions

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Tue Nov 11 07:51:42 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 11 November 2008 05:45:41 pm Steve McInerney wrote:
> The panel clock being able to show me the multiple
> timezones all my co-workers are in (Gnome clock does this... Depressingly
> this is a "Must Have" feature for me - kworldclock is not sufficient).
After my rant, I thought I might try to actually help on this one.

How about adding clocks to a panel? You could use the existing one (if you
have space), create a new panel (top or bottom, whichever you don't normally
use), set it to autohide if you don't want to waste the screen space - all
you have to do is to throw the mouse pointer at the top of the screen to make
it show again.

The KDE 4 digital clock can show whatever timezone you want, and there is a
setting to make it display the name of the timezone in the display.

Does that solve your problem?

Brad