[clug] Ubuntu 8.10 first impressions

Edward Lang edlang at edlang.org
Tue Nov 11 05:29:46 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Ian Bardsley <ifb777 at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> Is it worth a shot?...I think so. Yet another positive step forward for the
> ubuntu team. For those lamenting Kubuntu 8.10, simple solution....go
> GNOME!!!! ;-)

One thing I don't particularly like, and may be caused by my own
stupidity / ignorance, is that ctrl-alt-delete no longer brings up a
prompt to lock one's screen. Instead, one is only offered the options
of either logging out, or switching user. Locking the screen only
seems possible through the combined IM / session-status drop-down
menu.

(Is there some tricky to quickly lock screens using keyboard
accelerators? super-L, like Windows?)

Regards,

Edward.

--