[clug] Kubuntu 8.10 first impressions

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Mon Nov 10 23:35:43 GMT 2008

Hi Paul,

My experience has been that the .10 Ubuntu releases are a lot more
experimental and less polished than the .04 (or .06) releases. We do
try out the .10 releases each time (5.10, 6.10, 7.10 and now 8.10)
but have generally found many inconsistencies as you are experiencing.

For our staff and student desktops, we always stick with the latest
.04 releases.

If you want to work and not to experiment, then my recommendation
is to stick with 8.04 (especially as it is an LTS release!).

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.