[clug] Remember this?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sun Nov 9 02:45:27 GMT 2008

Brad Hards <bradh at frogmouth.net> writes:
> On Saturday 08 November 2008 09:20:13 pm Daniel Pittman wrote:
>
>> Logical rotation, sync to blank, and general hardware acceleration
>> are the specific features that spring to mind there.  The ability to
>> mutilate window content on the way to the display is a nice bonus,
>> but much less arguably a single step advance.
>
> There is one segment that could make very effective use of such
> effects - people with vision problems. It would be nice to see more
> screen magnifiers and less wobbly windows or clocks that you can throw
> using the mouse.

Last time I looked the screen magnifier, cursor location effect, and
colour inversion effect were all present, tested and effective.

Nicer, in fact, than the non-compositing options -- at least, so said
the vision impaired people I enquired of at the time.

So, I am not quite sure which features you are thinking need to be
implement and all, but I can't identify any.

Regards,
        Daniel