[clug] Remember this?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 03:59:59 GMT 2008

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Randall Crook <rcrook at vtown.com.au> wrote:
> Mike Carden wrote:
>> Now you kids, get offa my lawn.
>
> use them for what part of benefiting the human race?
>
> Face Book?
> Social Networking?
> Web 2.0?

Likely not.

> for increasing the literacy of the human race?

EdUbuntu and friends would argue that "pretty" is helping here.

> Yes I can see how wobbly windows and cubing the transition from one desktop
> to the other is making a massive difference to the human race.....

Yeah! we should all be still sticking with 300 baud modems, VT100s and
ed! I mean heck this is all you really _need_...

   http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/ed.msg.html

:)

> Excuse me for thinking that the eye candy was nothing more than just eye
> candy.

Trust me you are excused. However I think this just illustrates one of
the great things about FOSS, no one is forcing you to use it and lets
face it at least a few people must like it or it wouldn't have been
written..

Have fun.