[clug] Remember this?

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Fri Nov 7 23:01:27 GMT 2008

2008/11/8 Randall Crook <rcrook at vtown.com.au>

> What is the obsession with totally useless eye candy? None of it actually
> makes the interface more user-friendly of efficient.

I guess the question is whether any of it is actually useful. Obviously you
don't think any of it is, but then if you talk to someone else they will
tell you that X11 is useless and a complete waste of resources.

I can tell you that I think the 'Scale' plugin (like Expose under OS X) is
_extremely_ useful. Also, the tab plugin that shows you a live miniture
screen of what that program is doing, is also very useful (rather than just
a name and icon like under GNOME and OS X).

And even if all the other features don't have any productive attributes,
they look nice and they are fun. And looking at a nice computer and having
fun makes you feel good and inturn makes you more productive :)

-c