[clug] Remember this?

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 20:12:18 GMT 2008

> Also makes you wonder how much more data from all the useful scientific
> projects out there, could have been process with the wasted CPU and GPU
> cycles it took to do those really useless effects.

Yeah, you start giving people desktop effects like those, and they
might start wanting to use computers for something *other* than
processing scientific datasets. Ought to be a law against it.

I'm just glad all those GPU designers had all those scientific data
crunchers in mind when they designed their fast and inexpensive
processors.

And I hear now some people are wanting to use *portable* computers!
What's wrong with a proper mainframe?

Now you kids, get offa my lawn.

--
MC