[clug] upload speeds on transact

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Thu Nov 6 12:37:41 GMT 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:12:05AM +1100, Paul wrote:
> I've just upgraded to the transact rapid (8Mb/450k) and from using the http://speedtest.velocity.net.au/ I can't get Upload speeds to get anywhere near 450kb the closest I've got is 330kb .

> Is there a problem with upload bandwidth on transact? or is it my location etc...?

I dunno if it still exists, but there used to be a TransACT login
speedtest (or maybe speedtest at transact.net.au) with password speedtest
which would then let you reach speedtest.transact.net.au which was
effectively then testing only your actual cable line.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
Very-later-year Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/au/