[clug] Alpha 400 netbook - InstallFest

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Nov 6 05:59:41 GMT 2008

Alex Satrapa wrote:
> I don't know if I've posted this already, but at InstallFest there was a
> gentleman with a Linux-based netbook, the "Alpha 400".
>
> Here is an article about rooting it to take over administration of the
> device: http://projects.kwaak.net/twiki/bin/view/Epc700/CGAlpha400Rooting
>
> Not sure how recent that is.
>
> Hope this helps whoever it was that brought that netbook to the meeting!
> Alex

Can't remember the guy who brought along this nifty little ARM-based
Linux palmtop (a PhD student from ADFA, from memory), but I was the one
who attacked it with a screw-driver - very interesting on the inside
(someone took photos - are they available for public viewing?).

Anyway, this is a _very_ neat little hack to get a (root) command line
up! I am impressed!

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.