[clug] Disconnected multi-master DB?

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Thu Nov 6 03:15:56 GMT 2008

Thanks Grant and Arjen.

Yep, independant generation is ok. Primary keys are generated by 'hibernate'
using a whole bunch of stuff like system info plus unique timestamp, so
there _shouldn't_ be any conflicts.

I have played with MySQL primary key offset before, which did well for two
servers permanently connected (multi-master). I didn't think to try with the
offset in place and disconnected servers.

 Haven't tried Maatkit before, I'll give that a shot. I looked into bucardo,
but it seemed to require a third 'proxy' server (which I may be able to do,
but our 'policy' states we cannot rely on any single database).

Thanks!
-c