[clug] retail software

Seth Turnbull seth.turnbull at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 08:34:10 GMT 2008

I come from an "older" school background with nix.. Due to my career choice
I have generally worked with Microshaft over the past 10 years.
Just this year I found and have migrated to Ubuntu. I love it.. wouldn't
turn back to windows if I didn't have to. However due to some limited
"frill" features I do still need a windows install.

I have found that I still fall back to Windows for
A: Games... I would pay a higher price for a game that's properly ported and
SUPPORTED to Linux just so I didn't have to see a Windows boot screen again.

B: Games...

I can truly say that I have found something to replace 100% of all Apps that
I used under Microshaft.. I just can't seem to get away from wanting to
burn some time playing games. Wine is a pain in most cases or doesn't
support what I like to play. I want to sit down, be spoiled, install the
game and play. Not configure this, adjust that and then not have sound.

One thing we all got used to with MS was the install, use...
The other thing was,
CRASH......... Blue screen of death.. Crash crash..

My opinions and a rant..
~Seth.