[clug] retail software

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 00:32:09 GMT 2008

>>>   * I could "apt-get install" it (from a separate repo is fine).
>>>   * If the license was "right".  ie: I want to be able to use it on
>>> my XP/Mac/Ubuntu machines all at once.
>>>   * If I could "test-drive" it.
>>>
> Seconding being able to apt-get install it from a repository or just
> downloadable .debs.

Can I third myself? :)  My main reason for this is so that I can
easily _uninstall_ without having to fiddle with stow or make an
/opt/<froozer-hoozit> dir and fiddle with paths and the likes.

> I assume that you would have to roll and test them for Debian, Ubuntu,
> Redhat, Suse and any other major distribution out there.  They have to
> be kept updated too, whenever the distro rolls a new stable version.

Aye, and on that note:

   http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/810features/

Why have we not seen an Ubuntu 8.10 announcement in here so far?  Or have we?