[clug] retail software

David Cottrill cottrill.david at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 23:55:26 GMT 2008

The main thing the company relies on for sales is the KISS principle.
eg: you want to broadcast you desktop for some sort of presentation. You can
spend days troubleshooting VLC and Xwindows or you can use our software and
have it set up in 10 minutes.

eg: You have a music library that you want converted to a specific format -
you can use bash scripts or you can use our software and set it up to run
overnight in a 10 minutes.

eg: You want a voip phone system, you can learn Asterisk in its infinite
complexity or you can get the 'techie guy' at the office to set it up in 10
minutes with our software.

I assure you all that the boss has a very Microsoft approach to upgrades and
open source code, reuseable APIs and licensed libraries are unlikely.

To be honest, if I say too much more I'll be in trouble up to my neck at
work so I might have to leave it here.