[clug] retail software

David Cottrill cottrill.david at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 22:35:12 GMT 2008

> > What I've been wondering is: how many of you would be willing to install
> > such things.
>
> I might if:
>
>   * I could "apt-get install" it (from a separate repo is fine).
>   * If the license was "right".  ie: I want to be able to use it on
> my XP/Mac/Ubuntu machines all at once.
>   * If I could "test-drive" it.
>
> Good luck! There needs to be more companies like yours and I hope they
> get the support they deserve.  Perhaps the qcad route? ie: Open source
> version that lags a bit behind a commercial version?
>
> Thanks for your comments.
The boss will *never* open up our source. Free trials have always been part
of the sales plan and running a repository might be on the cards (we have a
hosted Linux server doing very little). The licence is 'per installation'
but you might be able to subvert the intention, if not the letter of the
licence with a dual boot machine.

David