[clug] OT: Hosting?

Hal Ashburner hal.ashburner at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 11:28:35 GMT 2008

Carlo Hamalainen said:
=>Hi,
=>
=>I do off-site backups (unison) to my web hosting site which has ssh
=>access. I only have 1.5Gb so I'm looking for hosting with more space.
=>The Linode 360 plan looks good but on the other hand I don't think I
=>want to deal with securing my server. I really just want disk space
=>with ssh access and basic Apache/PHP/whatever. I'm based in Europe now
=>so a service with servers in Australia isn't too useful (not for
=>another year or two anyway).
=>
=>What do you people use?

The ostrich method, mostly. :(

Somebody showed me this website today:
http://www.getdropbox.com/
appears to be exceptionally groovy for the sort of thing you require.
Free to 2G or something. I haven't had a chance to dig further, but thought
I'd mention it since it might be a good fit for your exact purpose.

Hal

--
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
		-- Mark Twain