[clug] Job Opening

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Wed May 28 01:06:43 GMT 2008

Hi All,

Sorry for spamming the list, but I've recently been notified of a job
opening, that I thought might suit the skill set of the list. Any interest,
email me offlist.

Cheers,
Lana

A part time/casual person who has the following skills/capabilities.

- Linux,  - production systems are Ubuntu, Centos 5.1, Centos 4, - require a
skill set to upgrade the Linux Op systems to the latest version of the
respective Op. system
- upgrade the Applications programs (Linux based) which sit on top of the
respective Op system.
- desirable to have some SQL experience, as two application systems interact
with each other,, ie pass parameters between them (back office billing
system,, e,g, a change in the customer's service, requires a message to be
sent to the Authentication server/program, and for an acknowledgement to be
returned to the initiating program, - write up procedure(s) for backup and
restore of applications & application data
- provide a link/dump on a periodic basis from the SQl database to Microsoft
Access.. Alternatively provide real time "Read only" by Microsoft Access of
the SQL database.  This latter option is the preferred option, but not
mandatory.
- Design & writing of a Script to a batch file.  The batch file is then Read
by an application program on a cyclical basis (once every 24hours), & update
the SQL database with the changes required.  Furthe details to be provided

Working environment
-Small company, technological focus
- Flexible working hours, ok if evenings/weekends
-Ability to document the procedures (mandatory)
-Test Lab server(s) available for 'test bed' analysis and development
-Potential to undertake work remotely, however, initial briefings at Office
will be required

--
Cheers! Lana

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and
in high heels.
-- Faith Whittlesey

Please avoid sending me Word, Powerpoint or Windows Media File attachments.