[clug] Ubuntu Hardy access to Vista shares

Ian Bardsley ifb777 at tpg.com.au
Tue May 27 06:35:20 GMT 2008

Many thanks Duncan,

I had seen this potential solution during my meanderings in the ether.
Alas, however this provided no change to the situation.

By way of interest though, I popped a live disk of Ubuntu Gutsy in my
desktop and booted into that and would you believe it, I was able to
access Vista shares.  So some complaints from users about Samba support
in Hardy seem to be well founded whatever the real reason proves to be.

Thanks again for your input....On now to my next learning challenge!

Kind regards

Ian Bardsley