[clug] Audio file formats

Kristy A. Bennett kristy at kristy.id.au
Mon May 19 04:05:53 GMT 2008

Hi all!

I am sorry I haven't yet transitioned to the LinuxSA crowd!

I have some 'work' to do that will involve audio recordings and need to
buy a clue or ten as this is an area where I have no experience whatsoever.

With the aid of Sound Recorder I can record in four formats: ogg, wav,
spx and flac.  I understand the difference in quality but have no idea
of cross-platform, cross-media-player-device implications of these
formats.  Can someone clue me in?

In addition to this, is there some easy to use, gui based tools for
editing and reformatting sound that anyone could recommend for me?

Thanks!

--

Kristy Bennett
     *****
EML kristy at kristy.id.au
URL http://www.kristy.id.au
SML PO Box 420, BLACKWOOD SA 5051
     *****

Making a small difference in a big world!