[clug] Google Trends

Ian darkstarsword at gmail.com
Thu May 15 13:15:21 GMT 2008

Interesting Google Trends I found while procrastinating:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=ubuntu%2C+debian%2C+suse%2C+fedora%2C+gentoo&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

You can clearly see the peaks corresponding with Fedora's and Ubuntu's
6 month release cycle. Also visible is Debian's releases in 05 and 07
if you peer closely. I'm guessing that the decline in most of those
trend lines corresponds mostly with users migrating to Ubuntu.

The same comparison restricted to Australia:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=ubuntu%2C+debian%2C+suse%2C+fedora%2C+gentoo&ctab=0&geo=AU&date=all&sort=0

Good work ACT ;-) I was surprised to see Tasmania and South Australia
also in the top three - does anyone know if they adjust these trends
for population or if these are showing absolute search volume?

-I
--
On the day *I* go to work for Microsoft, faint oinking sounds will be
heard from far overhead, the moon will not merely turn blue but