[clug] Lug In A Box

Andrew Boyd facibus at gmail.com
Sun May 11 02:04:42 GMT 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 1:21 AM, Jason <j.lee.nielsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is the notes from the python user group meeting relating to the idea
> of rebuilding the lug in a box software. Any one else feel free to expand
> this with your own thoughts on where we should take this, we just thought we
> would get something down to get us started.
>
> http://trac.proams.org/index.fcgi/wiki/lugInABox
>
> Please pass this on to the other relevant user groups as I don't actually
> know the contact details of the other ones.
>

> Jason

Jason,

there are a lot of groups that could benefit from something like this - I've
looked at the specification and it looks pretty much complete. The only
addition I could see - to make this a universal group management tool - is a
subscription management frontend to a payment management system (like
PayPal, PayMate or 2CO) for those groups that need to charge money for
membership (like incorporated bodies that have to pay insurance for events).
Is this way beyond the scope of the current project? If not, would anyone
mind if I added this to the specification? It would be something to the
effect of "shopping card for initial payment and prompt an annual invoice
for membership renewal".

Best regards, Andrew

--
---