[clug] May CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group meeting

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Thu May 8 05:32:45 GMT 2008

Changing some details.  This is TONIGHT.

	CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group Meeting - 8th May 2008

Date:		8th May 2008 (Second Thursday of the month)

Time:		18:30 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)

Speaker:	Paul Fenwick

		Paul Fenwick is the managing director of Perl Training
		Australia, and is an experienced speaker at technical
		conferences worldwide. His interests include security, mycology,
		cycling, coffee, scuba diving, and lexically scoped user
		pragmata.

Abstract:	* What's new in Perl 5.10 - Switch, smart-match, and more!
		* IPC::System::Simple - Taking the hard work out of system()
		* autodie.pm - Lexical laziness for Perl 5.10.1

		and the OSDC 2007 dinner keynote:

		The average individual is given little scope for failure, at
		least not the type that really matters. However in recent times
		we have developed a profession who have the opportunity to fail
		like never before. The few, the proud, the Software Developers.
		Join us for a voyage of discovery, as we travel back through
		history to some of the most monumental failures the world has
		ever seen.

Venue:		Meet at 6pm Cafe Essen

		Head over to the Looking Glass Solutions training rooms on Bunda
		Street at around 7PM for the talk.  Afterwards we take a group
		vote and go out for dinner.  You can find a map for these two
		places by following http://urltea.com/35ks?PSIG_Meeting