[clug] FOSS, Accounting software and hosting..

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Wed May 7 23:22:57 GMT 2008

> Hi all,
>
> I run a small business from home and so far have managed to stay
> firmly in the Ubuntu Camp, I have been in the linux camp for the past
> 12 years or so for personal use but a business does present its own
> little set of issues... :)  Although I did manage to educate the
> screenprinter I use about inkscape the other day.... He was pleasantly
> suprised to learn that it can export PDF and thus it "just works"(tm)
> with his monster vinyl printers and cutters.
>
> But enough ramble, 2 questions:
>
> 1. Anyone happen to know any FOSS accounting software beyond GNUcash
> that seems to be more aimed towards the home budgeting type thing. I
> am after something that can do periodic billing, generate invoices and
> the likes. GNUcash can do this via a set of custom accounts but I am
> wondering if there is a better option.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/sql-ledger/

About:
SQL-Ledger is a Web-based, multiuser, double entry accounting system. Data
is stored in an SQL database server. It is customizable and country
independent, with international language support. It supports inventory
with assemblies, BOMs, and more.

or maybe http://www.ledgersmb.org/ which is

About:
LedgerSMB is a fork of SQL-Ledger that seeks to provide better security
and data integrity controls, better community support, open documentation,
and more.

Both are written in Perl.

Owen