[clug] google off

Edward Lang edlang at gmail.com
Wed May 7 05:17:51 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 3:06 PM, jim watson <jim at amarooas.com.au> wrote:

> I want to buy some stainless steel (on topic: to build antenna for linux
> powered radio in canberra).
>
> If i search google for "canberra metal" i get lots of funky music sites :(
>
> If i search for "canberra metal supplies" i get lots of directories that
> seem somehow generated o reflect the search terms. How does that work?
>
> If i search for "canberra stainless steel" google tells me a child Mikal
> once read  a book about  a stainless steel rat  (sigh)

Do you Yellowpages?

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search/postCategorySearch.do?headingCode=30368&sortByClosestMatch=false&sortByDetail=true&currentLetter=&sortByAlphabetical=false&businessType=stainless+steel+&sortByDistance=false&locationClue=ACT&locationText=Australian+Capital+Territory&stateId=6&safeLocationClue=ACT

The Open Directory Project / Yahoo! are probably better tools than Google
for your type of query.

Regards,

Edward.