[clug] Virgin Mobile Broadband with Linux Huawei E220

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Fri May 2 02:10:57 GMT 2008

So, what is the best offering in Canberra at the moment for
wireless broadband? I currently (still) have a Veritel/BigAir
wireless modem, which seems to be a bit expensive and not as
fast as some of the newer offerings.

Issues I am interested in (others may have other issues to add?):
  - coverage
  - price (/GB etc)
  - speed
  - latency (to various random domestic and O/S sites)
  - uptime (availability)

I think the offerings are:
  - Telstra
  - Optus