[clug] Mutt and 'subscribe'

Duncan Roe duncan_roe at acslink.net.au
Sat Mar 15 09:17:18 GMT 2008

Hi Steve,

"lists" is the directive that preceded "subscribe".

My config (appended) works with this and other lists. But I am still on Mutt
1.4.2.1i (2004-02-12)

Hope it's some help anyway,

Cheers ... Duncan.

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 02:15:00PM +1100, steve jenkin wrote:
> This problem has been driving me nuts for the last 6-12 months...
> I've read the doco countless times, found a bunch of example configs and
> am still stumped.
>
> Do we have any 'mutt' experts on the list?
>
> I get to use 'mutt' on a machine and I'd like to be able to tag various
> mail as 'List', so I can use 'D' then '~l'.
> I can get a  few lists working, but I haven't been able to work out just
> how 'mutt' does its matching.
>
> This is the headers for 'Newbites' from SANS.
> I've tried (and nothing works):
>
> subscribe newsbites at sans.org
> subscribe NewsBites at sans.org
> subscribe @sans.org
> subscribe sans
> subscribe SANS
> subscribe The SANS Institute
> subscribe The\ SANS\ Institute
>
> I haven't been able to establish what the 'lists' keyword does...
>

> Any clues anybody?
>
> cheers
> steve

# (pop mailboxes and passwords deleted)
set mbox_type=mbox
# set index_format="%4C %Z %{%b %d} %-15.15L (%4l) %s"
set sort=threads
set record=/home/dunc/mbox
set move=no
set sig_dashes=yes
my_hdr Return-Path: <duncan_roe at acslink.net.au>
my_hdr From: Duncan Roe <duncan_roe at acslink.net.au>
color status black yellow
color normal black white
color indicator black cyan
color header black green ^From::*|^Subject::*
subscribe linux applixware-list java-linux-help java-linux-announce java-linux mutt-users atnp_wg2 atnp_wg2_sdm lunch edinburgh-computer-history
# Mail to lists is saved in list mailbox
save-hook ~l =%B
# add aliases for the lists
set reverse_alias
alias linux linux at lists.samba.org (linux)
alias mutt-users mutt-users at mutt.org (mutt-users)
alias java-linux-help java-linux-help at java-linux.org (java-linux-help)
alias java-linux java-linux at java.blackdown.org (java-linux)
# Other alaises deleted - but you get the idea
source /home/dunc/mail.aliases