[clug] PSIG; and tvguide.org.au and its new xmltv grabber

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Fri Mar 14 12:23:32 GMT 2008

Paul Wayper wrote:

> Hi people,
[trim]
> I mentioned to another Paul at the PSIG meeting about problems with the
> tvguide.org.au xmltv grabber for MythTV, and promised a brief run-down
> on list about this for other people.
[trim]

> You then need to fill in your username and password (obviously),

As a matter of habit I wrote a simple script that fetches the desired
station files directly. It really is very simple to do and there were
no grabbers available early on anyway.

For each channel the master datafile provides a url
     <base-url>http://minnie.tuhs.org/xmltv/</base-url>
     <base-url>http://xml.oztivo.net/xmltv/</base-url>
thus allowing aggregation of data from different sources and with
multiple mirrors. The recommendation is to pick one at random to
distribute the load.

While both urls accept the usr/pwd login the second one (oztivo)
does not require it.

Maybe this will suit people that do not wish to register with minnie.

I surely recommend this service, having used it for a long while now.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)