[clug] ANU Lecture Recordings

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue Mar 11 22:34:22 GMT 2008

Hi Fred,

I lecture Computer Networks at ANU and make my own MP3 recordings (when
I remember to press "record" instead of "play"! :-).

I have never tried to download a recording made by the "digital lecture
delivery system" (or whatever it is called these days), but I am
surprised that you couldn't get it to work with Firefox as that is the
standard browser in most common parts of the ANU.

I don't use the central system because they chose Real Audio as their
format. If my little MP3 recorder produced Ogg, I would probably use
that for my lecture material, but I am happy to use MP3 at this time
(despite all the history of IP associated with it).

Can you send me to the URL you were trying to use to download the audio?

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.