[clug] Re: linux Digest, Vol 63, Issue 3

Rodney Peters rodneyp at pcug.org.au
Tue Mar 4 12:57:31 GMT 2008

Having spent many fruitless hours trying to talk beginners through the
installation of "buntu" I conclude that it is not suitable for newbies.  I
suggest you try Linux Mint, which "just works" (TM)

As with many distro, Mint comes in various flavours.  The KDE variant will
have most functionality, whereas the XFCE variant will be least demanding of
hardware resources.

The easiest way to locate any distro is via Distrowatch

http://distrowatch.com/

The Linux Learner's SIG meets this Thursday morning.

Rod

Disclaimer:  I am the convener of the said Linux Learner's SIG.