[clug] Hello, Ruby and ACS queries

Mark Woodward markonlinux at internode.on.net
Mon Mar 3 10:12:19 GMT 2008

Hi all,

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:55:45 +1100
Mark Woodward <markonlinux at internode.on.net> wrote:

> 2. This one is definitely off topic, but I'm interested in how many of
>    you are ACS members? Pros/cons? Why you are if you are. Why you're
>    not if you aren't.
>

> cheers,

Thanks for the replies. I signed up for $60 as a 'new graduate' but
will have to seriously think about forking out $300 next year.
The website appears outdated and of little benefit IMO.
Forums were dead, job listing were non existent (far more on
seek/mycareer etc). Nothing really.
The 'Information Age' (their magazine) seems like an OK read but not
worth $300pa. $60 as a new grad is one thing, but $300?
Very unlikely I'll be re signing next year.

cheers,

--
Mark