[clug] Linux Laptop Followup

Pilcher, Fred Fred.Pilcher at act.gov.au
Mon Mar 3 04:24:13 GMT 2008

David wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Well, I went out and bought a HP Pavilion dv6000 to replace
> the one which was nicked.

That parallels my experience with my DV9000 - precisely. I can't believe
how good it is.

Mind you, HP has a habit of changing specs every time the wind blows in
a different direction. A friend, on my recommendation, bought a DV9000
couple of months after I did and everything had changed - I couldn't get
non-free drivers for his nVidia graphics card and I couldn't get his
sound card to work at all. I'm waiting for the next version of Kubuntu
in the hope that it'll have all that stuff.

But mine is a dream.

Fred