[clug] Video card woes

Fred Pilcher fpilcher at netspeed.com.au
Mon Jun 30 23:15:32 GMT 2008

Anyone have any ideas on this one? I have one of these Technisat video
tuner cards that I got from Renura about a year ago, and it's been
working perfectly until a week ago when it stopped working.

The card's detected and it all looks normal, but it's not tuning any
channels - a channel scan turns up nothing. I figured that something in
the tuner section had blown up so I bought another one, and it's exactly
the same. I tried another antenna  (which works on my laptop) - same
thing. Tried it in a different computer - same thing. Reinstalled
Kubuntu - same thing.

I think the technical expression is "wtf?".

Fred