[clug] Re: Anyone used or seen the Asus Eeepc yet?

Paul C. Leopardi paul.leopardi at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 28 23:13:05 GMT 2008

Hi all,
I have a 701. It's now running Ubuntu Hardy, with Matt Oliver's and Tridge's
help. It boots off the SD slot, in this case an 8GB Sandisk SDHC Class 6
card. I had a 16GB Transcend card but it bricked. It also has 1GB memory,
courtesy of Markus Hegland's previous laptop memory.

I have found that it gets quite warm, especially when everything is on. This
is a problem because closing the lid does not suspend the unit and it gets
very hot. I did have frquency scaling switch on before the Transcend bricked,
but it gave sluggish performance.

So a few questions:
1. Has anyone gotten frequency scaling to perform well?
2. What about suspend to RAM and suspend to disk? In Ubuntu?
3. Any other hints on keeping the thing cool,
   eg. use it outside at night in Canberra in winter?

Best, Paul Leopardi