[clug] Syntax-highlighting source code editors

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Fri Jun 27 11:05:08 GMT 2008

/me baits hook...

    Sam> Err.. How ugly? Vim has two default schemes, one for bright
    Sam> backgrounds and one for dark. And of course they're
    Sam> configurable.

Wow!  Emacs has only done that for 10 or 15 years!

The number of features that Vim plays catch-up on is awesome...  ;-)

People!  Emacs is The Way!  If you want horrible modal editing and
that particular keymap, then use Emacs in viper-mode!

This email was written in VM under Emacs.  No fancy configuration
required to set my editor in some dodgy MUA!  It's all Emacs!  Oh
yeah, and my mail buffers have syntax-highlighting...  :-)

Emacs is all you need!

This message brought to you to by the Church of Emacs:

* http://www.stallman.org/saint.html

* http://www.dina.kvl.dk/~abraham/religion/

:-)

peace & happiness,