[clug] Syntax-highlighting source code editors

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 09:33:08 GMT 2008

>> I am yet to find someone who can tell me how to get the same
>> functionality as nedits Ctrl-H in vim.  I am sure it exists but I just
>> haven't bothered to find it.
>
> Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't already know, but what does Ctrl-H do
> in nedit?

Search for what is currently in the clipboard (that was not
necessarily selected in nedit). And then Ctrl-Shift-H to search
backwards.

ie: select something in xterm for make error output/ complex find grep
thing, move mouse/Alt-Tab press Ctrl H.  Very VERY handy, either that
or I have just become addicted to it! :)

'*' sort of does this in vi but is sort of limited to single words
without various cutbuffer vim hacks. (that I am aware of).