[clug] Syntax-highlighting source code editors

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 01:40:31 GMT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:34, steve jenkin <sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> What source code editors do people use that do syntax-highlighting?
>
> I need to be able to handle Borland Pascal (Delphi).
>
> Would like PERL and HTML as well and be able to write a 'lua' or 'tcl'
> syntax as well.

My personal drugs of choice:

  gvim  - for most day to day work
  nedit  - for large amounts of "new" code.

I am yet to find someone who can tell me how to get the same
functionality as nedits Ctrl-H in vim.  I am sure it exists but I just
haven't bothered to find it.

As for syntax highlighting in vim (or gvim) I can highly recomend the
zenburn scheme.

  http://ajanke.selfip.com/fred.jpg

Ah, nirvana...

--