[clug] Pop3 mail not working after dovecot update

Sam Couter sam at couter.id.au
Wed Jun 25 08:53:15 GMT 2008

Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org> wrote:
> That's not it. Any program opening an IPV6 socket for listening can
> automatically receive IPV4 connections on the same socket.

ipv6(7) agrees with you, but it doesn't match my experience. I've had to
fix an SSH daemon to listen on IPv4 on a colleague's work machine while
he was at home so he could connect after it decided to listen on IPv6 only.

Paul's message about the eventual solution seems to contradict you and
ipv6(7) also.
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam at couter.id.au