[clug] Pop3 mail not working after dovecot update

Paul Wilson paul at wilsononline.id.au
Tue Jun 24 10:29:07 GMT 2008

ok I think I have it solved
updated dovecot.conf
listen = [*]

 netstat -tulpn | grep :110
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:110

I updated to listen on all V4 interfaces

# A space separated list of IP or host addresses where to listen in for
# connections. "*" listens in all IPv4 interfaces. "[::]" listens in all
IPv6
# interfaces, but may also listen in all IPv4 interfaces depending on the
# operating system. Use "*, [::]" for listening both IPv4 and IPv6.
#
#listen = [::]
listen = [*]

thanks everyone
All working now.. perhaps some defaults have changed in current release.

Paul