[clug] Using Lenovo Win-XP in (ubuntu) VM

Jack Kelly endgame.dos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 02:03:32 GMT 2008

steve jenkin wrote:
> My questions:
>  - Does anyone actually run something like this?
>
>  - Does anyone run Delphi under WINE or CrossOver?
>    My experience with the Borland's Kylix was dismal.

The wine appdb doesn't look encouraging, but some of those tests are
quite old. I've been pleasantly surprised by wine in the past.
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=42

>  - Are there any other VM's or solutions I should be considering?

Have you played with QEMU? Ubuntu might have support for that and its
kernel module (to make it go faster). IIRC it can boot a real partition.

-- Jack