[clug] Linux Webcam

Ian Bardsley ifb777 at tpg.com.au
Mon Jun 16 09:33:23 GMT 2008

Hi Jim

Can't speak for Sony notebooks but by way of interest, my Acer notebook
(Aspire 5720) also now minus Vista, sports a Crystal Eye web cam which
worked well using Cheese until I compiled V4L from Mercurial to get a
Pinnacle usb DVB dongle to work... Now the web cam doesn't.  I guess
some care will be needed with any usb web cam if there is an intention
to compile bleeding edge V4L.

regards

Ian Bardsley