[clug] Linux Webcam

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 01:45:30 GMT 2008

I have a Sony Vaio TZ  (a VGN-TZ18GN) that has been pushing its luck
and is about to be unceremoniously disenvista'd.

Does anyone know if the built-in camera works under Linux, in
particular Ubuntu 8.04?

Or better, has anyone done this installation (even on a similar
machine) and if so were there any unexpected gotchas?

jim

--
Jim Croft
jim.croft at gmail.com

"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in
order to enjoy ourselves."
- Ludwig Wittgenstein, philosopher (1889-1951)