[clug] 3 on the Eee

Pilcher, Fred Fred.Pilcher at act.gov.au
Tue Jul 29 01:05:03 GMT 2008

I've borrowed a mate's 3 wireless modem and I'm trying to get it to work
on my Eee.

I've finally been able connect to his Optus account to the degree that
the light's on and I've got an IP address. But that's it. I can't ping
any external IP addresses and, of course, can't connect to any web
sites.

Another annoyance is that every time I close the connection I have to
delete it and set it up from scratch again.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Fred