[clug] MythTV Question

Ian Bardsley ifb777 at tpg.com.au
Thu Jul 24 09:46:05 GMT 2008

Good evening Mikal

Thanks for responding to this.

Mythtv reports vers 0.21.20080304-1 17880

The output of mythfrontend -v  (or in the case of Mythbuntu -verbose
debug-level is all that works) is a big fat nuthin!.  Not until "Play
DVD" is selected is there any activity displayed in the terminal window.

Since posting this last evening however, I discovered that FSTAB didn't
have an entry in it for the cdrom device in question and having made an
entry I now get the DVD autostarting but I also get a message stating
that the device could not be mounted.  The plot thickens me thinks.  I
would certainly appreciate some guidance an the potential cause of this
mystery as well.

Thanks again for your interest

Regards

Ian Bardsley