[clug] IPv6 Australia?

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Mon Jul 21 06:04:49 GMT 2008

Thanks for the heads up on that, Sunnz. I assume I am the one who told
you in a networking course that there are (were) no ISPs doing IPv6 in
Australia...

Still need to tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 for an ADSL link (although they
claim have native IPv6 working over ADSL in their lab).

So, not much has changed, (you can tunnel IPv6 over IPv4 from most ADSL
services at the moment) except that you'll only have to pay for it once
now with Internode (presumably) instead of once to the ISP for the IPv4
traffic, then again with your IPv4 to IPv6 tunnel broker for the IPv6
traffic.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards (still somewhat of an IPv6 sceptic).