[clug] Fit for purpose?

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Sun Jul 6 01:48:34 GMT 2008

A belated thought for your Fred - I'm pretty sure the Microsoft EULA
says if you don't agree with the license, then return the product to
your place of purchase for a full refund.

So she should be able to fight for her right to get a refund on Vista
only, and keep the machine. Sure, Dell won't want to do that and will
probably tell her to get the refund from Microsoft, BUT Dell sold it to
her so she should get her refund from Dell (and then Dell should claim
it up stream from Microsoft). I'm pretty sure this would be in line with
consumer law in Australia.

Anyone on CLUG list actually bothered to fight for this? (Or do we all
secretly like having a spare copy of Windows around?)

-c