[clug] Any Public Service organisations using Linix desktop and Open Office?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 05:47:11 GMT 2008

> Most government departments would have some kind of small Linux
> presence already eroding at the edges.

"Eroding at the edges..."

I like that turn of phrase.

<my 2.2c>
Still even though this is a "linux" list I fail to see why it should
denigrate into a Microsoft bashing forum. Granted they might be seen
as the biggest "opposition" but that in itself is no real reason.
Myself I would guess that a slow insidious takeover will be more
likely to happen with the first step being FOSS apps on "some
proprietary OS".

Once faith can be garnered from this platform (to get around the FOSS
is rubbish as you cant pay for it ethos) then I suspect that things
will slowly happen.
<my 2.2c>

--
Andrew Janke (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)